Board of Governors
Our social calendar includes events ranging from a holiday dinner dance to museum visits, up-close science nights with the doctors and researchers we support, evenings at the theater, picnics, and excursions to various points of interest.
Annual dues and the funds we raise enable scientists to target and develop cutting-edge medical protocols. Members enjoy intimate access to these leaders, as well as other researchers and doctors, and take great pride in watching the fruits of their labor develop into new life-saving therapies.
Members receive timely reports providing scientific and clinical updates in an easy-to-read format.
Over $93 Million of Funding Raised
The Board has contributed over $93 million to City of Hope, resulting in an additional $51 million in grants made to the scientists we support.
Your donation is matched-in-kind by City of Hope and then leveraged through the grant process, making the value of your donation worth many times what you are giving.
Your participation will fund a specific protocol by a noted scientist. You will have intimate access to that scientist as well as other researchers and doctors. You will hear from them about their work and progress and enjoy the fruits of your investment.
Calendar of Events
Compelling Reasons to Join
- The Board of Governors has no paid employees and no office, so your donation goes directly to the science.
- City of Hope is known for its fiscal efficiency. 84% of its funds are directed to research, patient care and education.
- City of Hope has four drug manufacturing facilities. They are licensed by the Federal Drug Administration to manufacture new pharmaceuticals for human trials. This ability saves as much as ten years in bringing new drugs to patients and insures that patients receive the newest and most effective treatment at City of Hope.
- One out of every two Americans will experience Cancer over the next 20 years. It could be you, a family member, a friend, or an employee. Should you need rapid access to City of Hope for treatment or a second opinion, you, as a member of the Board of Governors, can make a phone call to a special number that will begin the process of being admitted to City of Hope immediately.
- The Board is also very social. A normal year consists of six social events that range from a Holiday dinner/dance, museum visits, up-close science nights with our scientists, evenings at the theater and excursions to points of interest. No additional funds are required for these events. Annual membership fee is $2,500 per couple.
How to Join
Membership is by invitation only. For more information, please contact the Chapter and Affinity Groups at City of Hope at 626-222-7409. or email@example.com.
Call to Action
Membership is a great way to make new friends and improve lives. Join or donate today.
Please note if membership application is not approved or donor is not an official member of Board of Governors, transaction will be considered a donation to the group.