Shamel Sanani, M.D.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research
- Staff Physician
Shamel Sanani, M.D.
- Medical Oncology
Shamel Sanani, M.D., is committed to excellence in comprehensive health care for both men and women, in a partnership that honors patient individuality and dignity. His approach involves understanding the patient’s health care needs while implementing state-of-the-art techniques and compassionate care.
Dr. Sanani’s clinical interests include hematology and oncology. He is a member of the Southern California Academy of Clinical Oncology, as well as assistant clinical professor in the Department of Medicine at UCLA. He received his medical degree from National University of Iran. He completed his internship at Sisters of Charity Hospital and at St. Luke’s–Roosevelt Hospital Center, both in New York. He completed his residency in internal medicine at Sisters of Charity Hospital and his fellowship in medical oncology was completed at SUNY-Buffalo Medical Center.
- 2014 - present, Assistant Clinical Professor and Staff Physician, City of Hope, Mission Hills and Santa Clarita, CA
- 1992 - 2014, North Valley Hematology/Oncology Medical Group, San Fernando Valley, California
- 1993- Present, Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine
- 1981-1992, Solo practice, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology, San Fernando Valley, California
- 1980-1981, Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, SUNY School of Medicine, VA Hospital Buffalo, New York
- 1979-1980, Instructor of Medicine SUNY School of Medicine, VA Hospital Buffalo, New York
- Attending Division of Hematology/Oncology VA Hospital, San Fernando Valley, California, UCLA
- Attending Division of Hematology/Oncology Olive View County Medical center, San Fernando Valley, California, UCLA
- 1972, M.D., College/University: National University of Teheran, Iran
- 1977 - 1979, Fellowship, Medical Oncology - State University of New York, Buffalo, New York
- 1975 -1977, Resident, Internal Medicine - Sister of Charity Hospital, Buffalo, New York
- 1972-1974, Resident, Internal Medicine - Imperial Iran Air Force General Hospital
- 1975, Intern - Sisters of Charity Hospital, Buffalo, New York
- 1974, Intern - Saint Luke’s Hospital, Newburg, New York
- 1971-1972, Intern - National University affiliated Hospital Teheran, Iran
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Member of the Southern California Academy of Clinical Oncology
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Member of UCLA Hematology/Oncology Network