Cornelia Banciu-Odell, M.D.
Medicine is my passion and my calling. It challenges and inspires me and fills me with awe. I cannot imagine life without it and I cannot imagine doing anything more rewarding.
Specializing in family practice, Dr. Banciu-Odell received her medical training at Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Iasi, Romania. Upon arriving in the U.S., she also completed a residency in internal medicine at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, California.
Dr. Banciu-Odell has held hospitalist positions in Southern California and Arizona. She's focused her research on the early diagnosis and treatment of mood disorders, and their impact on treatment and prognosis of illness. She chose City of Hope for its patient-centered approach and “love of humanity.”
Board-certified in Internal Medicine
Diplomat of the American College of Ethical Physicians
Distinguished Fellow of the American College of Ethical Physicians
1991, Doctor of Medicine, “Gr. T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania
1999 – 2002, Resident in Internal Medicine, Huntington Hospital, Pasadena, CA
1992 – 1996, Resident in Family Practice, University of Medicine “Gr. T. Popa”, Cuza-Voda Hospital, Iasi, Romania
1991 – 1992, Emergency Hospital, Internship in Family Practice, University of Medicine “Gr. T. Popa”, Iasi, Romania
2019 – Present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Hospital Medicine, City of Hope, Duarte, California
2011 – 2019, Hospitalist, Foothill Presbyterian Hospital, Glendora, CA
2010 – 2011, Private Practice Internist, Cornelia B Odell MD Inc., Pasadena, CA
2009– 2011, Medical Director, Emmons Health Center, Los Angeles, CA
2007 – 2011, Attending Physician/Faculty, Huntington Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program, Pasadena, CA
2006 – 2010, Hospitalist, Huntington Hospital, Pasadena, CA
2003 – 2006, Hospitalist, Pioneer Hospitalists, Mesa, AZ
2002 – 2003, Hospitalist, Apogee Medical Group, Phoenix, AZ
2001 – 2002, Urgent Care MD, Healthcare Partners Medical Group, Pasadena, CA
1996 – 1996, MD, Chief of Staff, Onesti City Hospital, Onesti, Romania
2018 Doctor of the Year Award – Foothill Presbyterian Hospital
1st Place: Internal Medicine Research Award – Huntington Hospital
“Serving You – Honor Roll” Service Excellence Award - Banner Baywood Heart Hosp.
- Kidambi T, Liang Y, Motarjem P, Mirza R, Han A, Hein M, Singh D, Lin JL, Banciu-Odell C, Toroussian R, Lew MW, Manoukian S. Case Report: Episodic, Severe Abdominal Pain Due to Isolated Jejunal Crohn’s Disease. Clin J Gastroenterology (2021).
- Keck School of Medicine of USC, Los Angeles County Hospital, Endocrinology Grand Rounds: “ Perioperative Management of Thyroid Storm”
- Huntington Memorial Hospital House Staff Lecture: “A 62 year old diabetic male with mucormycosis of the thigh”
- Huntington Memorial Hospital House staff Lecture: “Thrombotic Mycroangiopathies”
- Huntington Memorial Hospital House staff Lecture: “NSAID Induced Renal Failure” Huntington Memorial Hospital House staff Lecture: “Cardiac Amyloidosis”
- Huntington Memorial Hospital House staff Lecture: “Cutaneous Manifestations in Ulcerative Colitis- Pyoderma Gangrenosum”
- Huntington Memorial Hospital House staff Lecture: “Paget’s Disease of the Bone”
- Huntington Memorial Hospital House staff Lecture: “Alport‘s Syndrome as cause of End Stage Renal Failure in adolescents and young adults”
- Huntington Memorial Hospital Annual Internal Medicine Residents Research Presentations: “Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in CHF population in a private practice”