Kelly Yap, M.D.
- Medical Oncology
- Breast Cancer
- Mandarin, Cantonese
It is a great privilege and honor to be there to guide patients in their journey of healing.
Kelly Yap, M.D. is passionate about all the advances being made in the rapidly-changing field of medical oncology. She's excited to be able to offer her patients the latest personalized treatments which are more effective while causing fewer side effects. She makes it a priority to build relationships with her patients while guiding them through the complexity of cancer care.
- 2019-present, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Duarte, California
- 2016-2018, Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- 2006, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery with honors, Queen’s University of Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
- 2013-2016, Fellowship, Hematology/Oncology, LAC/USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
- 2012-2013, Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, York Hospital, York, Pennsylvania
- 2010-2013, Residency, Internal Medicine, York Hospital, York, Pennsylvania
- 2016, American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- 2016, American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology
- 2013, American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
Yap KKL, Koc M, Lu JM, Spicer DV. Is there a role for 21-gene recurrence score in mucinous carcinoma of breast? J Clin Oncol 36, 2018 (suppl 15; abstr e12538)
Yap KKL, Tripathy D. A review of the management of T1a/bN0 HER2-overexpressed breast cancer. American Journal of Hematology and Oncology, December 2014.
Yap KKL, Kannarkatt JT, McCormick TC, Efiom-Ekaha D. Ovarian and thyroid metastases from renal cell carcinoma successfully treated with metastectomy. 11th International Kidney Cancer Symposium Poster Presentation, November 2012, Chicago, IL.
Yap KKL, Efiom-Ekaha D. Does younger women with early breast cancer have a higher recurrence risk? J Clin Oncol 29, 2011 (suppl 27; abstr 178)
Yap KKL, Efiom-Ekaha D. Is obesity associated with increased recurrence risk in estrogen receptor (ER)- positive breast cancer? J Clin Oncol 29, 2011 (suppl 27; abstr 171)
Yap KKL, Efiom-Ekaha D. Is Modified Bloom-Richardson (MBR) grade a reliable predictor of breast cancer recurrence? J Clin Oncol 29, 2011 (suppl 27; abstr 52)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- 2011, Intern of The Year
- 2006, Medical Distinction Prize
- 2004, Foundation Scholarship
- 2004, Musgrave Prize in Pathology
- 2003, Milroy Medal in Physiology
- 2003, Henry Hutchinson Stewart Scholarship