Mingye Feng, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Immuno-Oncology
Mingye Feng, Ph.D.
- 2017 - present, Assistant Professor, Department of Immuno-Oncology, Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2016 - 2017, Instructor, Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- 2011, Ph.D., Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine
- 2004, B.S., Biological Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China
- 2012-2016, Postdoctoral Fellowship, Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation
- 2011-2016, Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University
- Zhu F*, Feng M*, Seita J, Sinha R, and Weissman IL. The GABA receptor GABRR1 is expressed on and functional in blood forming stem cells and megakaryocyte progenitors. In revision at Nature. (*equal contribution).
- Feng M*#, Marjon KD*, Zhu F*, Weissman-Tsukamoto R*, Levett A, Sullivan K, Kao KS, Markovic M, Bump PA, Jackson HM, Choi TS, Liu J, Gip P, Wang D, and Weissman IL#. Programmed cell removal by calreticulin in tissue homeostasis and cancer. Under review at Cell. (*equal contribution, #co-corresponding author).
- Weiskopf K, Schnorr PJ, Pang WW, Chao MP, Chhabra A, Seita J, Feng M, and Weissman IL. Myeloid Cell Origins, Differentiation, and Clinical Implications, Microbiol Spectr, 2016 Oct; 4(5).
- Feng M, Cheng JY, Weissman-Tsukamoto R, Volkmer JP, Ho PY, McKenna KM, Cheshier S, Zhang M, Guo N, Gip P, Mitra SS, and Weissman IL. Macrophages eat cancer cell using their own calreticulin as a guide: roles of TLR and Btk, Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 2015, Feb 2.
- Feng M, and Rao R. New insights into store-independent Ca2+ entry: secretory pathway calcium ATPase in normal physiology and cancer. Int J Oral Sci, 2013 Jun; 5 (2): 71-4.
- Leitch S*, Feng M*, Muend S, Braiterman LT, Hubbard AL, and Rao R. Vesicular distribution of Secretory Pathway Ca2+-ATPase isoform1 (SPCA1) and a role in manganese detoxification in liver-derived polarized cells, Biometals, 2011 Feb; 24 (1): 159-70. (*equal contribution)
- Feng M, Grice DM, Faddy HM, Nguyen N, Leitch S, Wang Y, Muend S, Kenny PA, Sukumar S, Roberts-Thomson SJ, Monteith GR, and Rao R. Store-independent activation of Orai1 by SPCA2 in mammary tumors, Cell, 2010 Oct 1; 143 (1): 84-98.
- Wang X, Ye L, McKinney CC, Feng M, and Maloney PC. Cysteine scanning mutagenesis of TM5 reveals conformational changes in OxlT, the oxalate transporter of Oxalobacter formigenes. Biochemistry. 2008 May 27; 47 (21): 5709-17.
- Faddy HM, Smart CE, Xu R, Lee GY, Kenny PA, Feng M, Rao R, Brown MA, Bissell MJ, Roberts-Thomson SJ, and Monteith GR. Localization of plasma membrane and secretory calcium pumps in the mammary gland. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008 May 9; 369 (3): 977-81.
- Xiang M, Feng M, Muend S, and Rao R, A human Na+/H+ antiporter sharing evolutionary origins with bacterial NhaA may be a candidate gene for essential hypertension. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2007 Nov 20; 104 (47): 18677-81.
- 2015, Damon Runyon-Dale F. Frey Award for Breakthrough Scientists, Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation
- 2015, K99/R00 Pathway to Independence Award, National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health
- 2011, The Martin and Carol Macht Doctoral Research Award, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine