Paul Fu, M.D., M.P.H.
American Board of Pediatrics
American Board of Preventive Medicine, sub-board in Clinical Informatics
Neonatal Resuscitation Program
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
1999, M.P.H., University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
1993, M.D., Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
B.A., Medical Science, Boston University, Boston, MA
2005-2007, California HealthCare Foundation Health Care Leadership Program, University of California, San Francisco, Center for Health Professions, San Francisco, CA
1997-1999, HRSA Child and Family Health Training Program, UCLA School of Public Health, Center for Healthier Children, Families and Communities. Los Angeles, CA
1997-1999, General Academic Pediatrics, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics. Torrance, CA
1996-1997, Chief Resident, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics. Torrance, CA.
1993-1996, Resident, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics. Torrance, CA.
2019-present, Chief Medical Information Officer, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
1999-2019, Pediatric Hospitalist, Department of Pediatrics, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA
2012-2019, Chief Medical Information Officer, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA.
2011-2019, Division Chief, Pediatric Hospital Medicine, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA.
2012 -present, Professor of Pediatrics and Health Policy and Management, University of California, Los Angeles. Los Angeles, CA.
2006-2009, Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Health Policy and Management, University of California, Los Angeles. Los Angeles, CA.
2002-2006, Assistant Professor of Health Policy and Management, University of California, Los Angeles. Los Angeles, CA.
1999-2006, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of California, Los Angeles. Los Angeles, CA.
American Academy of Pediatrics (Fellow)
American Medical Informatics Association (Fellow)
- Melstrom LG, Rodin AS, Rossi LA, Fu P Jr, Fong Y, Sun V. “Patient generated health data and electronic health record integration in oncologic surgery: A call for artificial intelligence and machine learning.” J Surg Oncol. 2021 Jan;123(1):52-60. doi: 10.1002/jso.26232. Epub 2020 Sep 24. PMID: 32974930
- Webber EC, Fu Jr PC, McKenna MP. “Social media and pediatric hospital medicine: how our discipline benefits from a virtual community and why it matters for our future.” Hosp Pediatr. 2014 Jan;4(1):51-3. doi: 10.1542/hpeds.2013-0072. PMID: 24435603
- Fu Jr PC, Rosenthal D, Pevnick JM, Eisenberg J. “The Impact of Emerging Standards Adoption on Automated Quality Reporting.” J Biomed Inform. 2012 Aug;45(4):772-81. Epub 2012 Jul 20. PMID: 22820003
- Massoudi B, Goodman K, Gotham IJ, Holmes JH, Lang L, Miner K, Potenziani DD, Richards J, Turner AM, Fu Jr PC. “An Informatics Agenda for Public Health: Summarized Recommendations from the 2011 AMIA PHI Conference.” J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2012 Sep 1;19(5):688-95. Epub 2012 Mar 6. PMID: 22305299
- Jacobs EA, Fu Jr PC, Rathouz PJ. “Does a Video-interpreting Network Improve Delivery of Care in the Emergency Department?” Health Serv Res; 2012 Feb; 47(1 Pt 2):509-22. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6773.2011.01329.x. Epub 2011 Oct 18. PMID: 22092194
- Jacobs EA, Sanchez-Leos G, Rathouz PJ, Fu Jr PC. “Shared Networks of Interpreter Services, At Relatively Low Cost, Can Help Providers Serve Patients With Limited English Skills.” Health Aff 2011;30(10):1930-1938. DOI 10.1377/hlthaff.2011.06667. PMID: 21976337
- Dobalian A, Claver ML, Pevnick JM, Stutman HR, Tomines AJ, Fu Jr PC. “Organizational Challenges in Developing One of the Nationwide Health Information Network Trial Implementation Awardees.” J Med Systems 2012 Apr;36(2):933-40. Epub 2010 Jul 20. DOI 10.1007/s10916-010-9557-1. PMID: 20703640
- Pevnick JM, Claver ML, Dobalian A, Asch SM, Stutman HR, Tomines AJ, Fu Jr PC. “Provider Stakeholders’ Perceived Benefit from a Nascent Health Information Exchange: A Quantitative Analysis.” J Med Systems 2012 Apr; 36(2):601-13. Epub 2010 May 22 DOI 10.1007/s10916-010-9524-x. PMID: 20703673