Jae Y. Kim, M.D.
- Thoracic Surgery
- Lung cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Robotic surgery
The question that I ask myself every day on my way to work is, 'How can we do better?
Jae Y. Kim, M.D., our chief of thoracic surgery, joined City of Hope after completing a fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery, specializing in thoracic oncology at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
A Harvard graduate in biochemistry, Dr. Kim received his medical degree from University of California San Francisco.
Dr. Kim is heavily involved in research to find better treatments for lung and esophageal cancer. He has led multiple clinical trials to improve the care of lung and esophageal cancer patients, focusing on surgical outcomes and quality of life.
- 2019 - Present, Associate Professor, Division of Thoracic Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 2012 - Present, Chief, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- Esophageal Cancer
- Lung Cancer and Thoracic Oncology
- 1997 - 2002, M.D., Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- 1993 - 1997, M.A., B.A., Biochemistry, graduated magna cum laude, Harvard University, Cambridge,
- 2009 - 2011, Fellow, Thoracic Surgery, University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- 2008 - 2009, Chief Resident, Department of General Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- 2002 - 2008, Resident, Department of General Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
January 11, 2019
November 28, 2016
- 2011 - Present, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, Member
- 2010 - Present, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Member