Vinod A Pullarkat, M.D.
- Acute Leukemias
Other Languages Spoken
Vinod A. Pullarkat, M.D., first came to City of Hope in 2002 as a fellow and clinical instructor in bone marrow transplantation. He then joined our faculty full time in 2003 as an assistant professor and subsequent associate professor in the Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, until departing City of Hope in 2010. Prior to City of Hope, Dr. Pullarkat served as an instructor of medicine at Keck School of Medicine of USC and an attending physician at Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center.Triple board-certified in hematology, medical oncology and internal medicine, Dr. Pullarkat earned his medical doctorate, as well as completing both an internship and internal medicine residency at Calicut Medical College at the University of Calicut in India. He followed with an additional residency in internal medicine at New York Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, and completed a fellowship in hematology and oncology at USC, before pursuing a second fellowship in bone marrow transplatation here at City of Hope. Dr. Pullarkat's clinical research interests center on acute leukemias, autoimmune hematologic disease and bone marrow transplantation. He has more than 50 peer reviewed publications, and multiple reviews, abstracts and book chapters to his credit, and has filed for two patents.
- Academic Appointments Clinical Instructor in Medicine, Division of Hematology, University of Southern California School of Medicine and Attending Physician Los Angeles County + USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, 2000-2002
- Clinical Instructor, City of Hope, Duarte, California, 2002-2003
- Assistant Professor, Division of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, California, 2003-2009
- Associate Professor, Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, California, 2009-2010
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Member, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, 2011-2013
- Medical Director, Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation. Keck School of Medicine of USC, 2011-2013
- Medical Director, Stem Cell Processing Laboratory, Keck School of Medicine of USC, 2011-2013
- Associate Member, Edythe and Eli Broad Center for StemCell Research and Regenerative Medicine, USC, 2011-2013
- Associate Professor, Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, 2014-2016
- Clinical Professor, Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, 2017
Calicut Medical College, University of Calicut,
Calicut, Kerala, India, MB, BS
- 1992 Calicut Medical College, University of Calicut, Kerala, India
- 1997-2000 University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA.,2002-2003 City of Medical Center, Duarte, CA.
- 1992-1994 Calicut Medical College, India
- New York Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn NY
- Calicut Medical College, University of Calicut, Kerala, India
- American Board of Internal Medicine Royal Colleges of Physicians (UK), 1997 American Board of Hematology, 2000 American Board ofMedicalOncology, 2000
Patient beats back AML with novel therapy after unusual recurrence
November 26, 2018
Bone marrow transplant may be answer to incurable, fatal blood disease
September 04, 2014
Information listed here is obtained from Pubmed, a public database; City of Hope is not responsible for its accuracy.
- Member, Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom. Member, European Hematology Association Member, American Society of Hematology Member, American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation Member, SouthWest Oncology Group