Anthony S. Stein, M.D.
- Acute Leukemia
“Excellent care for patients” is the guiding principle for Anthony S. Stein, M.D., a member of the City of Hope team since 1985. Dr. Stein is a clinical professor and physician in the Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and co-director of the Gehr Family Center for Leukemia Research within the Hematologic Malignancies and Stem Cell Transplantation Institute.
Educated in South Africa, Dr. Stein received his medical degree from the University of Cape Town. He completed his residency at Montefiore Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA before joining City of Hope as a fellow in Hematology/Oncology.
Dr. Stein is principal investigator in multiple clinical trials examining the newest drugs for battling acute myeloid leukemia.
- 2016 - present, Co-director, Gehr Family Center for Leukemia Research, Hematologic Malignancies & Stem Cell Transplantation Institute, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1988 - present, Professor and Staff Physician, Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- 1978, University of Cape Town Medical School, Cape Town, South Africa, M.B., Ch, B.
- 1985 -1988, Fellowship,City of Hope, Duarte, CA, Hematology/Oncology
- 1982 -1985, Residency, Department of Medicine, Internal Medicine, Montefiore Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- 1979, Internship (Rotating), Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa
‘I Thought I Had This Thing Beat’: A Story of Relapse and Recovery
January 17, 2018
City of Hope Physicians and Scientists Present Trailblazing Research at Annual ASCO Meeting
June 02, 2017