Benjamin Cahan, M.D.
In medicine, we can combine leading-edge science, ingenuity and innovation with warmth and kindness to try to help the patient and their loved ones as best we can.Benjamin Cahan, M.D., is a radiation oncologist and assistant clinical professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at City of Hope | South Pasadena.
California Medical License, Medical Board of California
2011, M.D., David Geffen School of Medicine at University California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
2005, Postbaccalaureate Premedical Program, Columbia University, New York, NY, Post-baccalaureate Premedical Program
2001, B.A. in Economics, Columbia University, New York, NY, B.A. Economics
2015-2016, Chief Resident, Radiation Oncology, Department of Radiation Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2012-2015, Resident, Radiation Oncology, Department of Radiation Oncology, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
2016-present, Radiation Oncologist and Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, City of Hope, Mission HIlls and Santa Clarita, CA
2015, Clinical Investigation Training Program Scholar, City of Hope
2010, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society, UCLA
2001, David Estabrook Romine Scholar, Columbia University
- Cahan B, Kim JH, Schultheiss TE, Wong JYC, Chen YJC. “Stage I and II Endometrial Adenocarcinoma: Analysis of 2009 FIGO Staging Revision and Impact on Survival by Adjuvant Therapy.” Am J Clin Oncol 2018, Mar(3):3026
- Cahan BL, Chen YJC. “Field and Dose for Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma After Chemotherapy; In Regard to Yahalom et al.”Int J Radiation Oncol Biol Phys 2015, Oct 1;93(2):4712
- Demanes DJ, Banerjee R, Cahan BL, Lee SP, Park SJ, Fallon JM, Reyes P, Van TQ, Steinberg ML, Kamrava MR. “Ureteral stent insertion for gynecologic interstial highdoserate brachytherapy.” Brachytherapy. 2015 MarApr;14(2):24551
- Han J, Girvigian MR, Chen JC, Miller MJ, Lodin K, Rahimian J, Arellano A, Cahan BL, Kaptein JS. “A comparative study of stereotactic radiosurgery, hypofractionated, and fractionaed stereotactic radiotherapy in the treatment of skull base meningioma.” Am J Clin Oncol. 2014 Jun;37(3):25560
- Khesbak Z, Cahan B, Appelberg S, Deng-Bryant Y, Prins ML. “Localization of GAPDH expression following controlled cortical impact in juvenile rats.” Journal of neurotrauma, 2009; 26:A47.