Caregiver Resources at City of Hope
Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center
The Biller Patient and Family Resource Center provides a wide range of services at no additional charge, at both our Duarte and Orange County locations. For more information or to register for classes or support groups, you can contact our Duarte location at 626-218-CARE (2273) or BillerResourceCenter@coh.org; or our Orange County location at 949-671-4121 or BillerResourceCenterOC@coh.org.
Visit the Biller Center Support Services Calendar for more information on virtual education classes, workshops, integrative therapies and support groups.
Support Groups at City of Hope
Trained facilitators offer support groups focused on education and practical problem-solving. Sessions often include talks from physicians, nutritionists and other experts. Groups may address the needs of patients with specific diseases or the needs of family members and caregivers.To learn more, visit CityofHope.org/supportgroups.
Visit the Biller Patient and Family Resource Center Supportive Services calendar for a list of upcoming support groups.
Caregivers Connect: This 90-minute group provides a comfortable virtual space for caregivers to relax, learn stress-reduction techniques and most of all, connect with and, support each other. Visit CityofHope.org/caregivers to register. View flyer
Family caregivers and friends are encouraged to attend the weekly Caregivers Connect. This 90-minute group provides a comfortable space for caregivers to:
- Learn stress-reduction techniques
- Most of all, connect with and support each other
Important to Know:
- It's open to all caregivers and the community.
- All diagnoses
- Inpatient and outpatient
At the Biller Patient and Family Resource Center, we offer:
Space to Discuss Your Care
- Private and comfortable space to meet with clinicians, patient navigators, social workers, spiritual care providers and other staff
- Access to resources in multiple languages
Resources and Information
- Information on diagnosis, treatment, symptom management, nutrition, coping, caregiving and mind-body topics
- Information is also available online at the Life During Treatment resources site.
- Information about community resources
- Fiction and nonfiction cancer-related literature
- Access to educational software, health-related websites and community resources
- Wireless internet access, as well as scanners, copiers and fax machines
Educational Classes and Events
- Virtual education classes, workshops and events
- Nutrition, Patient and Family Welcome and Orientation, Look Good ... Feel Better beauty class and more
- Virtual integrative and complementary therapies
- Yoga, art, tai chi, meditation, music therapy and more
- Free educational materials in English and Spanish on the following topics:
- Cancer diagnosis
- Cancer treatment options
- Cancer-related symptom management
- Coping techniques
- Caregiving tips and suggestions
Judy & Bernard Briskin Hope Village
The newly built Judy & Bernard Briskin Hope Village offers hotel accommodations for people undergoing treatment at City of Hope who, based on clinical criteria, need to stay close to their care team. The hotel, located on City of Hope’s Los Angeles campus in Duarte, has been designed specifically with cancer patients’ distinct needs in mind. As a result, it is a place patients can consider home in times of need. For additional information about eligibility to stay in Briskin Hope Village, please get in touch with your care team.
If your care team provides the necessary approval, you may contact the patient accommodation department to arrange your stay at 626-218-2380.
The five-story, 147-room hotel was named in honor of Judy and Bernard Briskin, who have been transformational supporters of City of Hope for nearly two decades.
Meal Services at Duarte Main Campus
Nourishing Hope serves high-quality foods, including organic and locally grown produce, wild-caught shellfish and salmon, certified Angus beef, hormone-free poultry and all-natural pork products. All eateries are available to our patients, guests and caregivers. Visit CityofHope.org/nourishing-hope.
Local Services and Accommodations
Lists of local services, attractions, hotels and motels are available at the Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center or the Clinical Social Work office in the Main Medical building.
Patient and Family Orientation
Join an orientation class and learn many valuable tips covering these topics: how to get the most out of appointments with doctors and other health professionals, whom to call when you need help, how to find your way around City of Hope, and where to find practical and valuable resources that can make life a little easier for patients and families.
View our Visitation Guide to learn more.
Please visit CityofHope.org/PatientOrientation to R.S.V.P. or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for classes.
- Biller Patient and Family Resource Center: 626-256-4673, ext. 32273
- Spiritual Care: 626-256-4673, ext. 63898
- Child Life Services: 626-256-4673, ext. 64513/60243
- Clinical Social Work: 626-218-22822
- Palliative and Pain Care: 626-256-8741
- Patient Navigators: 626-471-7217
- Positive Image Center:SM 626-310-8874
- Psychiatry and Psychology: 626-256-8741