Patient navigators provide personalized support for patients and their families, acting as liaisons between you and your health-care team.
From the first diagnostic test through post-treatment care, navigators serve as a single point of contact to answer any questions and to help navigate the complex health-care system.
Additionally, navigators provide specialized assistance to patients at risk of experiencing socio-economic, cultural and language barriers to care.
We provide the following services and support:
- Orient patients and families to City of Hope.
- Connect patients and families to resources such as transportation and lodging.
- Provide emotional support and connect patients with clinical social workers and support groups.
- Coordinate multiple medical appointments, including physician visits, lab tests and imaging tests.
- Connect patients and families with interpreter services.
- Act as patient advocates and communicate patients’ wishes to their health-care team.
- Attend physician visits with patients to ensure they understand the information shared.
- Facilitate access to financial aid and assist with insurance paperwork.
- Help patients and families access health education resources to inform decision-making about treatment options and managing side effects.
- Help patients and families access information about clinical trials.
For more information, contact the Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center at 626-256-2273.