We all know continuing education can be expensive. Affording it can get even more complicated for families and students by the realities and expenses of receiving extended medical treatment. But many organizations and foundations are ready to help by providing scholarships to students in treatment and recovery for cancer and blood disorders.
Cancer-Specific Scholarship Links:
- The National GRACE Foundation – Helping Pediatric Cancer Fighters Go To College (graceamerica.org)
- Available Scholarships – Cancer for College
- Scott Delgadillo Scholarship | Friends of Scott Foundation
- Leukemia Lymphoma Scholarships | Jackie Spellman Scholarship Foundation (jackiespellmanbenefit.org)
- Scholarships (collegiatecancer.org)
- Apply for a Scholarship - Patient Advocate Foundation
- Scaphon | Scholarships and Award Programs
- Academic Scholarships | The Izzy Foundation
- Northwestern Mutual Foundation | Northwestern Mutual Foundation
- Brian Morden Memorial Scholarship | Brian Morden Foundation
- Bags of Love Foundation Scholarship | Bags of Love Foundation
Sickle Cell – Specific Scholarship Links:
Non-Cancer Scholarship Listings:
Please note that this is not a fully comprehensive list and we will update this list continually. Scholarship availability can change at the discretion of each organization and listing. Please double-check with these organizations before finalizing your educational plan.
Additionally, please contact our Academic Advocacy Program at City of Hope if you have any questions or can suggest additional leads for scholarship information. We're always on the lookout for additional scholarship resources! For more information please contact, Joey Fredlund, LCSW, Academic Advocacy Program Coordinator, at 626-218-8125, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.