The stress and anxiety that can accompany diagnosis and treatment of cancer can weigh on a patient and their loved ones. Our Supportive Care staff members are highly trained experts, able to help you and your family with emotional, social and spiritual support.
- City of Hope chaplains are thoroughly trained, skilled professionals who offer spiritual support, counseling, end-of-life support, and can aid in the provision of sacraments and religious materials.
- Our psychologists can help patients and their families manage the feelings or experiences that come with treatment.
- Our psychiatrists help patients who are in active treatment maximize their quality of life by offering assessment and therapy that can make a crucial difference in how they cope with these challenges.
- The Positive Image Center is a welcoming and supportive environment where our oncology-trained, licensed cosmetologists can minimize the visible side effects of cancer for men and women.
- The Child Life Program at City of Hope addresses the needs of infants, children, teens, and families during hospitalization and outpatient treatment.
Dealing with serious illness and the effects of treatment can sometimes cause significant distress. Our experts are skilled at helping you manage stress, especially during transition points like a new diagnosis, changes in treatment, worsening prognosis and end-of-life discussions.