Caregiver Resources at City of Hope
The Biller Patient and Family Resource Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and offers many services to both patients and caregivers.
The center’s amenities include:
- Multiple seating areas to read or rest while waiting for appointments
- A small reference library of publications on cancer topics, coping and grief
- The Tranquility Garden with a running water feature for those who wish to enjoy snacks and be outside
- Four private public computer stations and a printer
- Fax service.
- Information on cancer support groups, classes, workshops and monthly calendar of events for patients and caregivers
- Caregiver’s Café - A program offered especially for caregivers. A place to take time to relax and get to know other caregivers, replenish and restore. Light refreshments are served.
- Free educational materials in English and Spanish on the following topics:
- Cancer diagnosis
- Cancer treatment options
- Cancer-related symptom management
- Coping techniques
- Caregiving tips and suggestions
Hope and Parsons Village
Hope and Parsons Village has several amenities available to caregivers of inpatients. The Village has a fully equipped kitchen that includes a refrigerator, stove and microwave. A shower and laundry room can also be used.
For more information, contact Hope and Parsons Village at 626-256-4673, ext. 62380.
- Cafeteria services: Our main campus cafeteria provides convenient room-service dining, available upon request. Meal tickets can be purchased at the Service Desk. Meals are delivered to the Village or individual patient rooms. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are offered. To place your meal requests or to ask questions, please call 626-256-4673, ext. 63257.
- Le Bistro: Located on the first floor of City of Hope Helford Clinical Research Hospital, Le Bistro has gourmet salads, panini sandwiches, pizza, lattes and more every day.
- Starbucks: Conveniently located in the Geri & Richard Brawerman Ambulatory Care Center, Starbucks serves a wide assortment of beverages, quick snacks or tasty salads.
- Crossroads Café: The Crossroads Café (main campus cafeteria), located south of Brawerman Center and southeast of Helford Hospital, serves a variety of hot entrees, sandwiches, salads, snacks and beverages every weekday. Heart-healthy and vegetarian items are featured daily.
Vending Machines at Duarte Main Campus
Vending machines with snacks and beverages are available at the following locations:
- Near the elevator on the first floor at the Brawerman Center
- Outside the entrance to the Crossroads Café
- Inside the ambulance entrance to the Main Medical Center
- Hope and Parsons Village
Local services and accommodations
Lists of local services, attractions, hotels and motels are available at the Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center or the Clinical Social Work office in the Main Medical building.
Support Groups at City of Hope
Trained facilitators offer support groups focused on education and practical problem solving. Sessions often include talks from physicians, nutritionists and other experts. Groups may address the needs of patients with specific diseases or the needs of family members and caregivers.
Visit the Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center on the Duarte main campus for a list of current and upcoming support groups or view the Biller Center Supportive Care calendar.
Family caregivers and friends are encouraged to attend the weekly Caregivers Connect. This 90 minute groups provides a comfortable space for caregivers to
- learn stress-reduction techniques and
- most of all, connect with and support each other.
Important to Know:
- open to all caregivers and community
- all diagnosis
- in-patient and outpatient
- WALK-INs Welcome
- Lunch is served.
For more ways to connect with other caregivers and the City of Hope community, consider joining Hopeful.org.
Patient and Family Orientation
Join an orientation class and learn many valuable tips covering these topics: how to get the most out of appointments with doctors and other health professionals, whom to call when you need help; how to find your way around City of Hope, and where to find practical and valuable resources that can make life a little easier for patients and families.
View our Visitation Guide to learn more.
Please call the Biller Patient and Family Resource Center at 626-256-4673, ext. 32273, to sign up for an upcoming orientation.
- Biller Patient and Family Resource Center 626-256-4673, ext. 32273
- Spiritual Care 626-256-4673, ext. 63898
- Child Life Services 626-256-4673, ext. 64513/60243
- Clinical Social Work 626-256-4673, ext. 63874/62282
- Palliative and Pain Care 626-256-8741
- Patient Navigators 626-471-7217
- Positive Image CenterSM 626-310-8874
- Psychiatry and Psychology 626-256-8741