Skip to main content
Molecular Genetics Specimen Requirements
- Cancer Predisposition (Hereditary) Panels: Blood
- Inherited Bleeding Disorders: Blood, Cultured Cells (Amniocentesis or Chorionic Villi Sampling)
- Blood: EDTA; 3 ml minimum, 5ml preferred.
- Cultured cells: two Confluent T25 Flasks in medium.
- Blood specimens: ship at ambient temperature if delivered on the same day, ship refrigerated otherwise. Do not freeze.
- Cultured cells: Ship ambient by overnight courier to arrive at the lab within 24 hr. Send padded to arrive on M/Tu/W.