Benign Urology Services
The Division of Urology and Urologic Oncology also sees many patients who have urologic problems as a result of treatment of non-urologic cancers.
Millions of Americans suffer from urologic disorders and diseases that are not cancerous. For many, symptoms can be relieved with medications and lifestyle changes. In some cases, surgery is recommended to ease pain or improve conditions that impact quality of life.
City of Hope brings expert urologic care to treating any urologic condition.
Below is a list of common conditions for which individuals can be referred to a City of Hope urologist for evaluation.
- Enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Female pelvic reconstruction
- Female and Male incontinence
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urge urinary incontinence
- Peyronie’s disease
- Ureteral strictures (obstructions)
- Urethral strictures
- Urodynamic studies