Health Equities Research
Key Aspects of Health Equities Research at City of Hope include:
- Population-based gene x environment studies
- Race and genetic ancestry and disease
- Equitable benefits of precision medicine
- Collaborative partnerships
- Pilot funds to support new and mid-level investigators in cancer disparities research
Research Projects (by principal investigator)
- Lindsey Treviño, Ph.D.
- Kimlin Ashing, Ph.D.
- Stanley Hooker, Ph.D.
- Christopher Sistrunk, Ph.D.
- Loretta Erhunmwunsee, M.D.
- Veronica Jones, M.D.
2018-2019 Health Equities Pilot Grant Awardees
Health Equities Grants are pilot project awards supporting innovative health equity research. 2018-2019 grant awardees included the following researchers and clinicians:
- Loretta Erhunmwunsee, M.D., and Stacy Gray, M.D.
Examining the Role of Social Determinants of Health and Biological Phenotypes in Lung Cancer Disparities
- Sunita K. Patel, Ph.D., and Timothy Synold, Pharm.D.
A Pilot Study on the Effects of Family Life Stress and the BDNF Val66Met Polymorphism on Neurocognitive and Quality of Life Outcomes in Latino Children With Cancer
- Jacob Berlin, Ph.D., Adam Bailis, Ph.D., and Yuan Yuan, M.D., Ph.D.
Next Generation Drug Discovery to Treat BRCA-Deficient Triple Negative Breast Cancer — A Disease Disproportionately Affecting African American and Hispanic Women
- Susan L. Neuhausen, Ph.D.
Characterizing Tumor Expression Profiles of Latinas Diagnosed With Breast Cancer