City of Hope’s comprehensive CAR T program is addressing some of the hardest-to-treat cancers by accelerating innovative clinical research approaches. Currently, we have many ongoing trials with additional trials expected to open in the new year.
For all CAR T Inquiries (patient, physician, clinical trials)
Ongoing CAR T clinical research initiated at City of Hope includes trials in:
- Brain cancer (glioblastoma) - IRB #19309 Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T Cells With a Chlorotoxin Tumor-Targeting Domain for the Treatment of MPP2+ Recurrent or Progressive Glioblastoma PI: Behnam Badie, M.D.
- Brain cancer (glioblastoma) - IRB #18251 IL13Ralpha2-Targeted Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T Cells With or Without Nivolumab and Ipilimumab in Treating Patients With Recurrent or Refractory Glioblastoma PI: Behnam Badie, M.D.
- Brain cancer (glioma) - IRB #13384: Genetically Modified T-cells in Treating Patients With Recurrent or Refractory Malignant Glioma PI: Behnam Badie, M.D.
- Brain cancer (glioma) - IRB#16064: Memory-Enriched T Cells in Treating Patients With Recurrent or Refractory Grade III-IV Glioma PI: Behnam Badie, M.D.
- HER2-positive breast cancer that has metastasized to the brain - IRB#17237 HER2-CAR T Cells in Treating Participants With Brain or Leptomeningeal Metastases PI: Jana Portnow, M.D.
- Prostate cancer - IRB #17483 PSCA-CAR T Cells in Treating Patients With PSCA+ Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer PI: Tanya Dorff, M.D.
- ALL - IRB #13447: Cellular Immunotherapy in Treating Patients With High-Risk Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia PI: Samer K. Khaled, M.D.
- AML and Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm [BPDCN]) - IRB #13272:Genetically Modified T-cell Immunotherapy in Treating Patients With Relapsed/Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia and Persistent/Recurrent Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm PI: Elizabeth Lihua Budde, M.D., Ph.D.
- Lymphoma and leukemia
City of Hope is partnering with global biopharmaceutical companies on the following ongoing trials:
- HPV+ Tumors - IRB #19062 A Phase 1 Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of HPV16 E7 T Cell Receptor Engineered T Cells (KITE-439) in HLA-A*02:01+ Subjects With Relapsed/Refractory HPV16+ Cancers PI: Erminia Massarelli, M.D.
- Prostate cancer - IRB #19603 P-PSMA-101 CAR-T Cells in the Treatment of Subjects With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC) PI: Tanya Dorff, M.D.
- Sarcoma - IRB #19194 A Phase 2 Single Arm Open-Label Clinical Trial of ADP-A2M4 SPEAR™ T Cells in Subjects With Advanced Synovial Sarcoma or Myxoid/Round Cell Liposarcoma PI: Warren A. Chow, M.D.
- Sarcoma - NCT01343043: A Pilot Study of Genetically Engineered NY-ESO-1 Specific NY-ESO-1ᶜ259T in HLA-A2+ Patients With Synovial Sarcoma (NY-ESO-1)
City of Hope PI: Warren A. Chow, M.D.
- Solid tumor - IRB #19292 Master Protocol to Assess the Safety and Antitumor Activity of Genetically Engineered T Cells in NY-ESO-1 and/or LAGE-1a Positive Solid Tumors PI: Warren A. Chow, M.D.
- Solid tumors (Anus, breast, colon, melanoma/skin, ovary, prostate, rectum and urinary bladder) - IRB #19223 PACT-0101 NeoTCR-P1 with or without Anti-PD-1 in locally advanced or metastatic solid tumors PI: Mihaela Cristea, M.D.
- Diffuse large B cell lymphoma - NCT02631044: Study Evaluating the Safety and Pharmacokinetics of JCAR017 in B-cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL)
PI: Tanya Siddiqi,M.D.
- DLBCL - IRB #19307 A Single Arm, Open-label, Multi-centre, Phase I/II Study Evaluating the Safety and Clinical Activity of AUTO3, a CAR T Cell Treatment Targeting CD19 and CD22 With Anti PD1 Antibody in Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma PI: Elizabeth Lihua Budde, M.D., Ph.D.
- Large B Cell Lymphoma - IRB #19091 A Phase 2 Open-Label, Multicenter Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of Axicabtagene Ciloleucel in Combination With Either Rituximab or Lenalidomide in Subjects With Refractory Large B-Cell Lymphoma (ZUMA-14) PI: Elizabeth Lihua Budde, M.D., Ph.D.
- Lymphoma - IRB #18344 Efficacy and Safety of Axicabtagene Ciloleucel as First-Line Therapy in Participants With High-Risk Large B-Cell Lymphoma (ZUMA-12) PI: Alex Herrera, M.D.
- Lymphoma - IRB #18101 A Multicenter, Open-label, Expanded Access Study of Axicabtagene Ciloleucel for the Treatment of Subjects With Relapsed/Refractory Large B-cell Lymphoma. PI: Elizabeth Lihua Budde, M.D., Ph.D.
- Multiple myeloma -NCT03168438: NY-ESO-1ᶜ259T Alone and in Combination With Pembrolizumab for Multiple Myeloma PI: Maung Myo Htut, M.D.
- Myeloma - IRB #20059 A Dose-escalation Study to Evaluate the Safety and Clinical Activity of PBCAR269A in Study Participants With Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma PI: Maung Myo Htut, M.D.
- NHL/ALL - IRB #18388 Phase 1/2a, Open-label, Dose-escalation/Expansion, Parallel Assignment Study to Evaluate Safety and Clinical Activity of PBCAR0191 in Subjects With Relapsed/Refractory (r/r) Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and r/r B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia PI: Anthony Stein, M.D.
- NHL/CLL/SLL - IRB #20075 A Phase 1/2a, Open-label, Dose-escalation, Dose-expansion, Parallel Assignment Study to Evaluate the Safety and Clinical Activity of PBCAR20A in Study Participants With Relapsed/Refractory (r/r) Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL) or r/r Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) or Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma (SLL) PI: Geoffrey Shouse, D.O., Ph.D.
- Peds ALL - IRB #19376 A Phase II Trial of Tisagenlecleucel in First-line High-risk (HR) Pediatric and Young Adult Patients With B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (B-ALL) Who Are Minimal Residual Disease (MRD) Positive at the End of Consolidation (EOC) Therapy PI: Anna Pawlowska, M.D.
- Peds ALL and DLBCL - IRB #19396 Managed Access Program (MAP) to Provide Access to CTL019, for ALL or DLBCL Patients With Out of Specification Leukapheresis Product and/or Manufactured Tisagenlecleucel Out of Specification for Commercial Release PI: Elizabeth Lihua Budde, M.D., Ph.D.
- BPDCN/AML/MDS - IRB #19092 A Phase 1/2, Open Label, Multicenter Trial to Assess the Safety and Efficacy of MB-102 in Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm, Acute Myeloid Leukemia, and High Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome PI: Elizabeth Lihua Budde, M.D., Ph.D.
New clinical trials initiated at City of Hope opening in the coming months and in the coming year include:
- The rare disease amyloidosis
Preclinical CAR T research
City of Hope is also conducting preclinical CAR T research in solid tumors for ovarian, head and neck, cervical and pancreatic cancers.