Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center
Conveniently located on the Duarte campus, the Biller Patient and Family Resource Center integrates all support services under one umbrella. Here you will find a warm and welcoming private space to consult with our medical staff and explore the many resources we offer to strengthen and empower patients and caregivers before, during, and after treatment.
The center provides a wide array of services, all at no additional charge. Here you will find:
- Tailored care specific to each patient and family
- Information on diagnoses, treatment, symptom management, nutrition, coping, caregiving and mind-body topics
- Information is also available online at the Living With Cancer resources site
- Fiction and nonfiction cancer related literature
- Education and Support Groups
- Caregivers Connect, Couples Group, disease-specific support groups and more
- Workshops and Classes
- Nutrition, Patient and Family Welcome and Orientation, Look Good ... Feel Better beauty class and more
- Integrative and Complementary Therapies
- Yoga, art, tai chi, meditation, music therapy, and more
Access educational software, health-related websites, obtain information on community resources and stay connected with family and friends
Wireless internet access for those bringing their own devices
Scanner, copier and fax machines
Comfortable seating lounges
Private space for patients to meet with clinicians, patient navigators, social workers, spiritual care providers and other staff
The Spungin Tranquility Courtyard, a comfortable outdoor space for meditation and reflection
How Can We Help You Today?
Disability Insurance, Paid Family Leave and Financial Resources Hub
- State Disability Insurance: short-term disability
- Social Security Disability Insurance: long-term disability
- Paid Family Leave
- In-Home Supportive Services
- State Disability Insurance - Short Term Disability Step-by-Step Guide ENGLISH | ARMENIAN | SPANISH | CHINESE
- Social Security Disability Insurance: Step-by-Step Guide ENGLISH | ARMENIAN | SPANISH | CHINESE
- Paid Family Leave Step-by-Step Guide ENGLISH | ARMENIAN | SPANISH | CHINESE
- In-Home Supportive Services Step-by-Step Guide ENGLISH | ARMENIAN | SPANISH | CHINESE
- Cancer Legal Resources Center ENGLISH + SPANISH
Personal Websites for Patients
How to create a website for yourself or someone else:
- Go to CaringBridge.org.
- Follow the simple steps to start a site.
- Tell your friends and family about your new site.
Adolescents And Young Adults
At City of Hope, we know that adolescents and young adults (AYAs) ages 15 to 39 have unique needs. That's why we offer medical care, psychosocial support and resources designed to help AYAs flourish from diagnosis to treatment and beyond.
Interventions for younger children and older adults are not always appropriate for adolescents and young adults. We offer AYA-specific medical care that is designed to treat cancer aggressively while minimizing the long-term effects.
Visit the Biller Resource Center on FACEBOOK for the latest patient and family events and classes.