Guide for Visiting the Duarte Campus
If you have an upcoming appointment, please review the following information to help you navigate and prepare for our COVID-19 safety measures.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19, have symptoms or are waiting for test results, please do not come to your appointment in person. Instead, contact your care team or send a message in your MyCityofHope portal. If you have an appointment at our main campus in Duarte, California, you may call 800-826-4673 for guidance on the next steps. Contact the office directly if your appointment is at one of our clinical network locations.
Directions and Parking
Starting Monday, June 19, 2023, Center Drive traffic patterns will change due to construction for the Duarte Outpatient Center. Please expect traffic delays and arrive early for your appointments. View the map and learn more about the changes.
We encourage planning your trip ahead of time and referencing the following resources.
While we welcome visitors aged 5 years or older, a nonpatient adult must accompany the minor at all times.
- Outpatient Guide: Up-to-Date Information for Your Visit to City of Hope
- Outpatient Guide: Important Information for Patients and Families
- For Inpatients: What Patients and Families Need to Know
- For new patients: Download the Patient and Family Orientation Slideshow to learn about important resources City of Hope provides.
The below information is for visitors at our Duarte main campus. If you are planning to visit a patient being treated at one of our community practices, please call that location's main phone number to inquire about its gift guidelines.
The Gift Shop is located on the first floor of City of Hope Helford Hospital and offers a variety of products, including snacks, magazines, holiday gifts and decorations, bath and body products, greeting cards and jewelry. For more information, call 626-256-4673, ext. 62258.
While we understand the desire to lift a patient’s spirits with gifts, some items are restricted to protect the health and safety of patients and staff:
- Balloons: Latex or rubber balloons are not permitted due to potential allergic reactions. Additionally, metallic or mylar balloons are not permitted in the ICU since they may cause interference with electronic medical equipment in the room.
- Flowers: Live flowers are not allowed in patient units due to potential allergic reactions. For most non-ICU rooms, silk or plastic floral arrangements that don't contain decorative moss are acceptable. For ICU rooms, no floral arrangements are allowed due to the severity of the patients’ illnesses.
- Toys: Because of their potential to carry dust and pathogens, used, stuffed or plushy toys are discouraged in the hospital. Visitors are instead encouraged to check with the patient’s care team for games and entertainment that are less likely to cause infections or allergic reactions.
If you have additional questions about visiting patients at City of Hope, please call our Guest Services desk at 626-256-4673, ext. 61143.
City of Hope is a smoke-free campus, and smoking is prohibited inside and outside of our buildings.
Please note: The possession of marijuana in any form is prohibited at our main campus in Duarte, California, and all City of Hope satellite locations. Although the state of California has legalized possession of limited amounts of marijuana for recreational use, it remains illegal to possess marijuana under federal law. City of Hope is obligated to comply with federal law. Your cooperation in helping us remain compliant with federal law is appreciated.
If you are traveling from out of town, we recommend that you plan your overnight stays as soon as possible. To make the planning a little easier, we’ve negotiated special rates and amenities for patients, families and caregivers at select motels and hotels in Pasadena and Duarte, California.