The City of Hope Difference
As an independent biomedical, treatment and education center, City of Hope's infrastructure and collaborative energy set us apart. By having scientists, treatment staff and manufacturing facilities side-by-side, our treatment advances can travel from laboratory to patient with lifesaving speed.
Beckman Research Institute
Comprehensive Cancer Center
The Diabetes & Metabolism Research InstituteOur Diabetes & Metabolism Research Institute offers a broad diabetes and endocrinology program combining groundbreaking research, unique treatments and comprehensive education to help people with diabetes and other endocrine diseases live longer, better lives.
Hematologic Malignancies and Stem Cell Transplantation InstituteOur dedicated, multidisciplinary team of health care professionals at the Hematologic Malignancies and Stem Cell Transplantation Institute combine innovative research discoveries with superior clinical treatments to improve outcomes for patients with hematologic cancers.
The Judy and Bernard Briskin center for Myeloma ResearchThe Judy and Bernard Briskin Center for Multiple Myeloma Research was established to improve treatment and advance research for patients battling multiple myeloma.
Center for Gene TherapyWe are very excited about the vast potential of stem cell-based therapies to save lives and fundamentally change the way we treat cancer, diabetes, AIDS and many other diseases. The Center for Gene Therapy is dedicated to unlocking that potential through world-class research, and converting that knowledge into real-world treatments and cures as rapidly as possible.
Alpha Stem Cell ClinicThe mission of the Alpha Stem Cell Clinic, part of the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine Alpha Stem Cell Clinic Network, is to accelerate stem cell-based clinical therapies in regenerative medicine, with a goal of transitioning new disease treatments into sustainable patient care programs for the people of California.
Cancer and Aging Research Program
Car T Cell Therapy for Brain TumorsAlthough it is still being studied, CAR T Cell Therapy for Brain Tumors is already showing enormous potential. Our clinicians and researchers are continually evaluating and improving this therapy so it can be more effective and accessible for our patients.
Fibromyalgia Research FundThe Fibromyalgia Research Fund has been supporting a specific research project on fibromyalgia, enrolling patients from the fibromyalgia clinic of Paul St. Amand, M.D., and collecting blood samples from fibromyalgia syndrome patients and their parents.
Islet Cell Transplantation ProgramBy sharing its unique resources and expertise throughout southern California, the Islet Cell Transplantation Program aims to address islet transplantation challenges, catalyzing scientific advancements.
Jacki and Bruce Barron Cancer Research Scholars Program
Program for Natural TherapiesOur scientists believe numerous medicinal compounds exist in nature that are yet to be discovered. By evaluating a vast array of natural products to identify anti-cancer properties, we’re isolating, purifying, testing and using them as building blocks for more effective, less toxic natural therapies.
Superfoods ResearchOur researchers are finding promising benefits in certain superfoods that may have the ability to combat cancer.
Points of Distinction
- City of Hope is a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, meaning our research and treatment protocols advance care throughout the nation.
- City of Hope is part of ORIEN (Oncology Research Information Exchange Network), the world's largest cancer research collaboration devoted to precision medicine.
- We have not one, but three, manufacturing facilities on campus that manufacture both biologic/cellular therapeutics and chemical compounds to GMP (good manufacturing practice) standards, quickly turning breakthrough discoveries into lifesaving therapies.
- Many of our clinical research breakthroughs have transformed the landscape of modern medicine, such as helping launch the biotech industry with the development of technologies that led to the first synthetic human insulin and human growth hormone.
- Our research underlies widely used cancer fighting drugs including Herceptin, Rituxan, Erbitux and Avastin.
- Holding more than 300 patents, City of Hope submits nearly 30 applications per year to the Food and Drug Administration for investigational new therapies: They’re outstanding numbers for an organization of City of Hope’s size, reflecting our dedication to innovation and speeding treatments to patients.