Histocompatibility Laboratory (HLA)
The Histocompatibility Laboratory at City of Hope provides the highest standard of human leukocyte antigen typing services on a contract basis, as well as for City of Hope’s Hematologic Malignancies and Stem Cell Transplantation Institute. In operation since 1975, our clientele includes a number of prominent institutions such as Kaiser Permanente of Southern California, Loyola University in Chicago, BloodSource and the University of California at Davis, among others. The Histocompatibility Laboratory is staffed by specially trained technologists and utilizes state-of-the-art technology in the field of histocompatibility.
High Quality Service and Rapid Response
City of Hope’s Histocompatibility Laboratory maintains high quality service and rapid response times. With the exception of unique circumstances, we communicate HLA typing results within a maximum of ten (10) working days upon receipt of a blood specimen. Results of histocompatibility testing can be reported by phone, fax or email as soon as they are available, and will be followed by an official written report.
Licenses and Accreditations
City of Hope’s Histocompatibility Laboratory is fully accredited by The American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI), College of American Pathologists (CAP), and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA 88).
The laboratory holds the following licenses:
- CLIA #05D0665695
- CA State License #209978
Available Tests - Fees for tests will be provided upon request.
- HLA-AB Typing (Methology: Luminex)
- Donor/Recipient Crossmatch (Methology: Serology)
- HLA Antibody Screening (Methology: Serology/SSOP)
- B27 Typing (Methology: PCR-SSP/SBT)
- HLA-ABC Low Resolution Typing (Methology: SSOP)
- HLA-DRB1, DQB1 Low Resolution Typing (Methology: SSOP)
- HLA-ABC High Resolution Typing (Methology: PCR-SSP or SBT)
- HLA-DRB1, DPB1, DQB1 High ResolutionTyping (Methology: PCR-SSP or SBT)
- Engraftment Analysis (Methology: Short Tandem Repeat)
For more information or to request a test, please contact us via:
Phone: 877-443-GENE (4363)
Email: [email protected]
City of Hope
Attention: Histocompatibility Laboratory
1500 E. Duarte Road
Duarte, CA 91010
(Download campus map)