Women's Cancers Program
The Women’s Cancers Program at City of Hope brings together medical doctors and laboratory researchers across the institution to gain a better understanding of cancers affecting women and develop better treatments, screening methods, prevention strategies and survivorship care for them.
These collaborations result in the rapid translation of scientific discoveries into promising therapies for women’s cancers, such as:
- Based on SEER results, we have superior breast cancer survival outcomes in the greater Los Angeles region, with a higher percentage of breast cancer survivors over the past 10 years.
- The Women's Cancers Program at City of Hope is among only a few in the nation to offer minimally invasive robotic surgery using the da Vinci S HD Surgical System. This robotic surgical approach offers greater accuracy, smaller incisions, less postoperative pain and faster healing.
- Our breast cancer program is one of the few to offer intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT), which delivers a concentrated dose of radiotherapy at the time of breast cancer surgery; this allows many women to receive their entire course of radiation at once, rather than over six to eight weeks.
- We are among a few women’s cancers programs in the country to routinely use heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) to treat certain types of gynecological cancer, which can greatly improve the outcomes for women with advanced disease.
- We are the only women’s cancers program in the country to offer a biopsychosocial approach to care, and our integrated team of professionals focus not just on the disease but also the biological, psychological and social factors that play a significant role in the lives of women battling cancer.
You can learn more about the clinical breakthroughs and research highlights from our women’s cancers program by visiting our breast and gynecological (ovarian, cervical, uterine/endometrial) cancer pages.
Nationally Ranked Cancer Center
City of Hope is a nationally recognized leader in the research and treatment of gynecological cancers. We are one of the few facilities designated a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute.
Support the Women's Cancers Program
We deliver exquisite care at the leading edge of cancer treatment. It takes the help of a lot of caring people to make hope a reality for our patients. City of Hope was founded by individuals' philanthropic efforts over 100 years ago. Their efforts - and those of our supporters today - have built the foundation for the care we provide and the research we conduct.
For more information on supporting this specific program, please contact
Senior Director, Philanthropy
Email: [email protected]
Or, you can make a gift to support all the research at City of Hope by donating online.
February 13, 2018
January 31, 2018