We have updated our visitor policy to further protect our patients and staff from the risk of COVID-19. We no longer allow patients to have visitors at any City of Hope inpatient and outpatient locations, with the following limited exceptions:
- Pediatric patients under the age of 18 are permitted parents or guardians.
- With prior approval, individuals with significant disabilities may be permitted one support person.
- Patients at end of life will be permitted a limited number of visitors in coordination with the care team.
- Any permitted visitor must be over 18 years of age.
These heightened restrictions are based on the latest information and recommendations from public health authorities during this critical period and will remain in effect until further notice.
Families and caregivers are essential members of your care team. Our providers and staff want to include your caregivers during important discussions about your care and treatment. Be sure both you and your family member or caregiver bring a phone or other device so they can be included.
We will provide navigators onsite to help with registration, be guides to appointment locations and assist in other support functions like facilitating FaceTime, Skype or phoning a loved one or caregiver during appointments.
For caregivers who drive patients to the City of Hope main campus at Duarte, California, here are some things to do while waiting:
- Walk in our gardens and public spaces while maintaining COVID-19 social distancing.
- Donate blood or platelets at the City of Hope Blood Donor Center.
- Restrooms are located between the Needleman and Michael Amini Transfusion Medicine Center buildings on our Duarte campus.
- If the planned visit is longer in duration and drivers would like to leave and return, we will assist in calling them in advance of your pickup time.
- Enjoy a meal-to-go outside of City Café (cafeteria), located behind the Geri & Richard Brawerman Ambulatory Care Center.
Café hours are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. You may place your order in person and pick it up at the designated waiting area. Please stay in the waiting area and don't enter the building. Dine-in and the Pantry are closed at this time.
If your loved one is an inpatient, you may want to drop off packages. You may deliver your packages to the security desk at the front of City of Hope Helford Clinical Research Hospital. Please be sure that the name and patient room number are on the package, as well as the name of the attending physician and medical record number if you know them. Our staff is glad to help you.
Per our ongoing COVID-19 procedures, all individuals are screened for symptoms (cough, shortness of breath and fever) before entry into any of our patient care areas. For your well-being and that of all our patients and staff, if you are experiencing symptoms before your scheduled appointment, it is important that you call our COVID-19 Patient Hotline before your visit for instructions.
COVID-19 Patient Hotline
- Call 844-961-4673 for general questions about COVID-19.
- Hours of operation: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday