Nursing at City of Hope
MESSAGE FROM SUSAN BROWN, CHIEF NURSING OFFICER
Please enjoy exploring the contributions nurses have made both internally at City of Hope and have disseminated locally, nationally and internationally. As you review the different links, you will find evidence of transformational leadership at all levels, nursing innovations that occur out of necessity and creativity as well as best practices in the care of our very special patient population.
To uphold the integrity of the profession by providing compassionate, quality, safe and innovative care with our patients and families.
City of Hope and its nursing team have achieved Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Given only after a rigorous assessment of a hospital or medical center, Magnet recognition is one of the highest honors in nursing and a global recognition of the cancer center’s outstanding commitment to excellence in health care delivery and improvement of patient outcomes.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO PRACTICING CITY OF HOPE VALUES:
- Compassion: Compassion towards patients, their families and our team members.
- Service with a sense of urgency: We actively pursue better ways to improve the lives of those we care for and work with.
- Integrity: We promote a “just culture” environment that requires each of us to do the right thing to ensure patient safety. We do what’s best for our patients and our community, every moment of every day.
- Intellectual Curiosity: We are lifelong learners committed to making pioneering discoveries and moving them forward for the benefit of patients.
- Excellence: Our commitment to advancing science while providing compassionate care has established us as the benchmark in fighting cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
- Collaboration: We are a community of experts, combining the resources of cutting-edge scientific research, drug manufacturing, clinical care, graduate education, philanthropy and supportive care services.