City of Hope's interventional radiology team is comprised of a dedicated group of health-care professionals who are committed to providing exceptional patient care, clinical and translational research, and educational programs for our patients and the community abroad.
Using the most advanced image-guided techniques, we provide a wide array of minimally-invasive procedures and surgeries to treat many types of benign and malignant conditions, including diseases of the blood vessels and many different types of cancers.
As part of a treatment team, we often work in collaboration with other clinical services and physicians, such as medical oncologists, surgical oncologists and radiation oncologists, to provide the most comprehensive care for each of our cancer patients. In a truly multidisciplinary team approach, our interventional radiologists, nurses and staff play pivotal roles in the overall care of each patient seen and treated here at City of Hope and are dedicated to helping our patients fight and overcome cancer.
If you would like to hear more, or would like to see one of our physicians in consultation, please contact us to schedule an appointment at 800-826-4673.
Specialty Treatment Programs
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Focal ablation therapy
- Loco-regional therapy
- Portal vein embolization
Our areas of focus include:
- Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT) for liver tumors
- Thermal Ablation
- Central Venous Access Devices for intravenous infusion of blood or fluids, blood sampling or delivering chemotherapy
- IVC Filter Placement and Removal
- Nutrition Supplementation Tubes
- Transarterial Chemoembolization (TACE)
- Thoracentesis of Pleural Effusions to drain fluid from the lung