Corporate Social Responsibility
Built by the passion of volunteers determined to improve the health of their community, City of Hope has a legacy of over 100 years of caring — both caring about and caring for our people, our patients, our community, even our planet.
- At City of Hope, we've created a working environment rich with diversity. Our employment mirrors the varied cultures of our patients and their families.
- We serve patients and caregivers by recognizing not only differences in language, but also other differences such as culture, faith and family structures.
- Though our mission is global, we know our commitment begins right here in our own community. We've proudly built partnerships with our neighbors, offering health screenings, convenient access to care, information regarding disease prevention and healthy lifestyles, and educational programs to encourage local youth interested in research and health care careers.
- Because we know that the health of our planet affects all our endeavors, City of Hope also strives to be a leader in responsible stewardship of natural resources. To that end, we have created a model “green” medical campus, with special attention to areas such as water consumption, energy consumption and air quality.
Diversity in numbers
Here — in numbers — are some of the ways we've shown our commitment to responsible corporate citizenship. In one year, City of Hope:
- Provided nearly $131 million in medical services to vulnerable populations
- Performed over 5,000 blood pressure checks and over 1,700 health risk assessments for people in our communities
- Saved almost 2.5 MkW in power through a lighting retrofit of 22 buildings
- Reduced water use by 3 million gallons
At City of Hope, we're working right now to transform the future, for people both near and far.