Key Aspects of Health Equities Research at City of Hope include:
- Population-based gene x environment studies
- Race and genetic ancestry and disease
- Equitable benefits of Precision Medicine
- Collaborative Partnerships
- Pilot Funds to support new and mid-level investigators in cancer disparities research
research projects (by pi)
|Rick Kittles, Ph.D.||Lindsey Treviño, Ph.D.||Kimlin Ashing, Ph.D.|
|Stanley Hooker, Ph.D.||Christopher Sistrunk, Ph.D.||Loretta Erhunmwunsee, M.D.|
|Veronica Jones, M.D.|
2018-2019 Health Equities pilot Grant Awardees
Health Equities Grants are pilot project awards supporting innovative health equity research. 2018-2019 grant awardees included the following researchers and clinicians:
- Loretta Erhunmwunsee, M.D., and Stacy Gray, M.D.
Examining the Role of Social Determinants of Health and Biological Phenotypes in Lung Cancer Disparities
- Sunita K. Patel, Ph.D., and Timothy Synold, Ph.D.
A Pilot Study on the Effects of Family Life Stress and the BDNF Val66Met Polymorphism on Neurocognitive and Quality of Life Outcomes in Latino Children with Cancer
- Jacob Berlin, Ph.D., Adam Bailis, Ph.D., and Yuan Yuan, M.D., Ph.D.
Next Generation Drug Discovery to Treat BRCA-Deficient Triple Negative Breast Cancer – A Disease Disproportionately Affecting African American And Hispanic Women
- Susan L. Neuhausen, Ph.D.
Characterizing Tumor Expression Profiles of Latinas Diagnosed with Breast Cancer