Nationally renowned for its collaborate, multidisciplinary scientific studies of oncology care, the Division of Nursing Research and Education organizes its research around three major themes: quality of life, symptom management, and communication. Studies at this division range from diagnosis and treatment to survivorship and end-of-life care, and each investigation provides valuable insights concerning cancer control and population science.
Each year, the Division of Nursing Research and Education holds several professional conferences and has greatly improved the level of care delivered to patients throughout the United States.
Please visit the Upcoming Conferences web page for information about invaluable events and to view a listing of current educational opportunities. Feel free to email any questions to [email protected]—and "Like" us on Facebook .
- To conduct collaborative research studies concerning quality of life, symptom management, and communication across City of Hope’s targeted areas: prostate, colorectal, pancreatic, ovarian, breast, and lung cancers; leukemia, lymphoma, and other hematologic disorders
- To provide expert nursing research at all Cancer Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee and Institutional Review Board meetings
- To explore strategies for more effective communication between patients, family caregivers, and healthcare professionals
- To expand research participation and evidence-based practice activities toward the achievement of Magnet Status criteria
- To disseminate findings of research studies—including information available on palliative/end-of-life care, survivorship, and communication—to those at City of Hope and throughout the United States.
Programs for Health Professionals
City of Hope’s Division of Nursing Research and Education conducts interdisciplinary research organized around quality of life, symptom management of oncology and palliative care patients, and clear communication. The division also offers multiple courses, throughout the year, to health professionals from across the country.
Visit our upcoming conferences page for current course offerings.